1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

broken equipiment pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A.J.'s Lawn Service, Oct 18, 2003.

1. A.J.'s Lawn Service

A.J.'s Lawn Service LawnSite Member

post some of your best pics of equipiment that has been broken or distroyed :blob3: make tham good.
  2. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

local LCO's truck catches on fire! lol I couldn't resist.. Not mine, kinda sad, but really funny:p

3. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I had an old Ford just like that and it did the excact same thing, thats why I drive Chevy trucks now!
  4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have a pic but the truck on fire is funny. When I worked for a LCO company I called my boss and told him the truck was overheating he said fine park it when you get to the job and he would send the mechanic. Called him back 10 minutes later said the mechanic doesnt need to come the fire trucks are here trying to put the flames out, lol silence over the phone then the hood actually blew off the truck. He was actually happy the truck was on its last leg and he got his Ins. check, I thought I was fired I just started about 2 months prior.
  5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Just sad.

Looks like the poor guy lost his snow plow pump too.

He probably wasn't rich or well insured. Poor truck lasted 25 years until that day...
  6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

And I hope your truck catches on fire too so we can all get a good laugh.:angry:

And if his house burns down too, is that funny?
  7. Lakeview

Lakeview LawnSite Member

I had just started my job at the country club when the old early seventies model Jacobson F- 50 (would this be correct, i forget the number) i was operating caught on fire next to the No. 8 Fairway. It was 7:30 in the morning and the engine caught on fire. The gas tank is located directly over the engine and it had a full tank of gas. It was shooting gas out the side and it looked just like a flame thrower. It was right next to a major roadway where people were taking their kids to school and going to work.

It was a pretty wild sight.

Every where i went people would say, "Ha Ha Ha!!!! There goes that guy who burnt that tractor up". I was also called "Tractor Torcher".
  8. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not saying it's a good thing either.. I just think its funny because thats my competition.. I don't think losing all of your equipment is funny..

But towing a full trailer with that much equipment and a truck that old, has it limits. There are warning signs to an engine blowing up and my guess is he ignored them.
  9. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf LawnSite Member

I would have to agree with Darryl!!! I dont think this situation would be funny at all. It is however though, a good argument for Insurance. I hope this person had the proper coverage.

I dont know how it works in your area, But last week when we rolled a 72" lazer, I had my competition call and ask if I needed to borrow theirs for one of our bigger jobs that week.
    (I will have pictures soon)
  10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Columbia Turf-Now thats a prime example of helping the other guy out in a jam. The "larger" man would have called his buddy in trouble and asked him if he needed to borrow a machine until he got back on his feet. Not taken a picture of his burning truck and called it funny:rolleyes:

Sorry Quality-I usually side with you but I truly do not see an ounce of humor in it.

Lets blow up you lesco and then have a good laugh:dizzy:

Think about that one