broken exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottishmaximus, Apr 28, 2003.

1. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

my 48" tthp broke the other day. the spring that puts tension on the hydro pulley broke. I just bought this new last fall. dealer said it would be a couple days to get the part in. he didn't even offer me exmark's parts plus. i pressured him and finally got him to take one off a floor model. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. RYNOTHEALBINO

RYNOTHEALBINO LawnSite Member

get a hustler

3. Nope, call exmark, let then know this.

Mower brand has nothing to do with dealer service.

If that's the case get a crapsmen. I bet you'll love the service from Sears.

I have made a dealer pull parts from stock mowers, for their error in not stocking them. That mower aint going no where while mine is going to sit. Was not an Exmark though.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly... him telling you that he can't get it for a few days is a bunch of ****! I'm tired of hearing about all these little farm-town dealers and "hardware stores" that happen to carry Exmark letting these guys down. That gives EXMARK a bad name, especially in an area where they shine. My dealer, for instance, has EVERYthing for EVERYthing, it seems. If not, by golly, he can GET it real quick! But, it's just like the service, they cater to the commercial operator, so if I happen to bring one of my mowers in, all attention is taken from "Mr. Smith's tractor, and focused on that to get me back out and running. The fact that they keep a few extra Lazers and other mowers around as demos, certainly helps, too. Thank goodness, I've never really had to use them, but it's great to have that piece of mind knowing they are always there available if I do.

5. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

6. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

anyone else have this problem with their exmark? Just curious as to why it broke to prevent it from happening again.

7. Exmark does not make the springs.

Things can, do, and will break, might be 5 years from now, might be tomarrow.

8. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Joe, i assume your talking about Atherton Rd? I just bought a lawn roller the other day from those guys. They are great. Is the owner JW or GW?

I used a demo last year with them and it was awesome! Great mowers. I cant wait to get back on an eXmark.

Know a good place where i can sell some grasshopper mowers?

9. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a anti-scalpe wheel fall off first thing one morning went to my dealer and he took one off one of the models he had in the lot and gave it to me free of charge, I have a good Exmark dealer. Exmark will ship over nite too. :cool:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Tom,
    Yes, it's Atherton Road that I was refering to. JW is the owners son, as well as John who is the service manager in the back. These guys have their niche, and it's catering to the commercial cutter. I can hardly believe how many hundreds of Exmarks they have sold. Incredible. These guys have gone WAY out of their way before for me. It was because of THEM that an Exmark rep came back into town to see what my mower was doing when I had some trouble with it. (Whole 'nother story). But anyway, the Exmark rep was even talking about giving me a new deck if they couldn't get the problem cleared up, but we managed to get on top of it after a few hours of tweaking and experimenting with that. The result? Ha! You wouldn't believe it if I told you, it was so simple. I'll see if I can find it.