Broken trailer axle... pos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ccondie, Oct 9, 2007.

1. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

I was just getting ready to go home after work, as i was turning the corner i look out my mirror and i see one of my trailer wheels rolling across the street. From the get go i have had problems with this trailer and this just tops it off. it is not even a year old got it in april of this yr. Needless to say iam going to take it back and demand my money back. The gate is already broken and the welds on the trailer are already cracked after only 7 - 8 mo. Below are some pics of the POS!

200710080006.JPG

200710080007.JPG

resized trailer axle.jpg

Resized  trailer gate.jpg

2. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I have never seen a gate like that in my life!!! Good luck hopefully you get a refund i definetly think you deserve one

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

How much did you pay for that trailer, where did you buy it from, and who uses skinny little rebar for gate rungs?

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yes. OMG. How much did you have to pay for that POS trailer? Get your money back there, and go get a PJ trailer, they are the best their is. www.pjtrailers.com

5. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

was this trailer bought new it looks pretty beat up for the short time you have had it .

6. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

that trailer came from chanute trailer mfg. out of chanute ks. yeah i cant believe it looks so beat up already. ksgrasscutter you got any recomendations on where to buy a trailer around here?

7. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

WOW, that definately looks like a POS!!

The wheels look like spare tire rims for a car.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Ummmm, how much did you pay for that trailer new?? Im hoping you didnt pay that much and why in the world would you take delivery of a trailer with a gate like that? Why didnt the gate, the crappy wheels, etc. send you running?

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Man I have seen some cheap trailers but this one just topped them all. Aside from all the broken stuff you can tell its really cheap because all the steel is thin and there is basically no frame it looks like through the mesh floor.

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

dude that trailer is shot i would ask for refund if they say no. you respond my lawyer will be in touch