broken window

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassyfras, Aug 5, 2004.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been mowing a vacant house for a realator. Today he calls me told me he was their this morning before i mowed and then after i mowed there was a broken window. Told him it must of been me but he said we could play stupid with the owners and pretend we dont know anything. i said to send me the bill and tell the owners I did it. Anyone know how much these windows cost.

2. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Yep.........................$35.00. Just had one of those windows replaces last week.

3. grassyfras

thats not bad at all. The realator told me it might be 150

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

$35.00? Wow, that particular type of window costs me almost $50.00. You know, a house window.

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

It would probably help to know what kind of window we are talking about here...

6. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Realtors. Tell em to prove it. I had a Realtor pull that one on me last year. Come to find out it was a kid across the street. I got another kid to squeal on him. It cost me 10 bucks in bubble gum...but it was worth it.

7. CoastalEmpire

CoastalEmpire LawnSite Member

What kind of window?

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thats exactly what I was thinking

9. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

If it's a double pane, or glazed/tinted window it could cost a lot.

I've paid as little as $50 for one, and as much as 300$...depending on window type/size.

Ya, we've broken a few.

10. grassyfras

I went to look at it today and it was the sliding door window. I have no idea of specifics of it. P.S this realator is my moms boss and he offered to lie about the incident for me. I didnt see the window break but i was trimming in the rocks to weed them out so there were rocks in the lawn. 99 percent chance it was me