1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Broken Windows!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Garden Panzer, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

How many windows have you broken and what did you do?
    I've broken just one in my time, some beater car from Arizona and I just drove off!
    Anyone got any good broken glass tales?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Nah,just one small one 2 weeks ago,my brother sent a chunk of metal through a screen and nicked the window.................
    New house,new lawn....................
  4. rivablaster701

rivablaster701 LawnSite Member

Yesterday first time in seven years. I was trimming edge of walk in front of a small comercial property . When I finished and returned to blow of walk the front door was shattered into a million pieces of glass. I walked in and told the secratary that I had broke the door and would take care of it and she gives me this funny look and says "what Door" I told her the door that is six feet from your desk. She had her back the door and did not hear it break. I didnt either but there was no one else even around. There goes $225.00 . Divide that by seven years and my damage expense is about $30.00 a year. Lets hope it stays at that.
  5. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I figure 3 one was a custom double paned and the other my truck windsheild, gotta love line trimmers.