1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brought the 26 Metro back to life!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Feb 12, 2007.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I brought my 26 metro to life last week after three months of it sitting in the back of my truck being a heavy weight to lock my other tools to. And I'v been getting done about a hour and a half sooner:hammerhead: Yes the mower has all kind of problems with it but if you fix it as soon as you can save a lot of time in the long run
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Did you take it in for warranty work or do the work yourself? What all was wrong with it?
  3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey there-
    I took mine into the shop in the fall after it sitting for a few months in my garage, broken. Since I have back-upsI just used them the rest of the year and took the 26" in @ my convenience. There were tons of things wrong, mainly the broken drive cable and height adj. They replaced everything- 5 update kits! It's solid now. 450$ worth of parts plus who knows what in labor all taken care of under warranty (good thing). It should be a champion now. I do like it when it runs well and now that there are new cables and adjusters and gas tank assembly and new drive shifter and new handle (cracked) it should be good to go and save me some time. I do like how it bags too (big bag). I actually just picked up the mulch kit on ebay for 35$. For that it's worth a try.
    There is plenty of horsepower BTW. WE'll see what happens this year.
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

good to here.
  5. desert rose gardening

The warranty is over:cry:
    The drive belt would slip off when I would engage the drive lever,:cry: I have to keep it very tight to keep it from slipping off tighter than it should be. The rear hight adjustment wont stay where I put it so i'm back to bungees to hold it in place till I buy another lever:dizzy: I still have to fix the front hight adjustments:hammerhead:
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure if I would call that fixed...more like Rigged to me...but if it works...
  7. desert rose gardening

I need to get a new rear hight adjustment bar and a belt when I go by the dealer. :)