"Brought The Baby Home Today"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Old 5 LawnCare, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

:D I went and picked up my 52" Turf Tracer today, Holly S*@^, This things got some go! :D

This is my first Exmark and my first hydro unit. It's a whole new game from my 33" WideCut, LOL.

I am tearing up the grass pretty good when I change direction, any suggestions for an easy turn?

Chad

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Practice on your own lawn... Slow down before the turn (a lot), keep the wheels turning (don't lock up the inside wheel) even if the inside wheel is moving in reverse and as a last resort use a 3 point turn until you get use to the new toy. Your biggest enemy is attempting to go too fast, that 52 incher is no light weight and will need a gentle hand to control.
    BobR

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Congratulations! As fart as the turf scuffing goes, are you going to go with a sulky? If so, I would suggest a soid mount with pivoting casters. You have the hydro, so you have more than enough power to pivot it. With the soild mount, you are able to do 3 point turns when you choose to, and there is no binding. Just a suggestion. With practice though, you'll get it!

4. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

Thanks, that's the approach i was using, SLOW DOWN, and I noticed if I kept in inside wheel turning even in reverse it did'nt tear up the turf near as much.

As far as a sulky, I called Novae today and ordered the ProSlide, it's on back order and should ship friday, However I think I need to get the feel for this machine before I bolt that on.

5. lawn gonzo

lawn gonzo LawnSite Member
    from texas

wow guy, just got a call from my dealer and my 52" turf tracer is in and I will be there first thing in the morning to pick it up. Been a long time since I have been so JAZZED for something. Been in this business for three years now and this will be first real commercial mower. No more John Deere ****. Hope yours will keep you earning more and more. Hard to explain the cost to family for a mower, they just don't understand that productivity, reliability, and quality mean more money. good luck bro. I hope I am as blown away as you.

6. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Nice machine,good luck with it.I demoed a 48" which sells for 5100.........quite pricey. How much was the 52"?

7. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I have not used the pro-slide, but I have run hydro WBs.. one consideration... won't you have to step off the ProSlide to back up????... I do not think this will allow you to take full advantage of the hydro's versatility..... not sure, as I said, I haven't used a ProSlide....

BTW.... Congrats on the new machine...Good luck with it :cool:

8. colonel landscaping

colonel landscaping LawnSite Member

i picked up a 2003 52" lesco wb hydro unit on sale and the demo model with 31 hours on it for 3,299.. not to shabby

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Congratulations on the new machine. Just slow down and really concentrate on the machine and learn how it operates and its limitations on your lawn.

Gravely_Man