Brown Mfg. Bed edger at work!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nlminc, Feb 17, 2001.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Here is a photo I took last spring while edging out some beds. I know in the past some of you here have asked about this edger, I just came across this photo to share with you all so you have an idea of how this bed edger will make your edging jobs easier.

Chris
    [​IMG]

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a nice clean job. I really want to add one to my arsenal this summer!:cool:

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Nice picture, good idea Chris. :)

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've rented them before. They make short work of any edging project. I did 100 tree rings ($5 each) in 2 hours with it once.

5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Looks like my trenchmaster..... They all seem to do the same job...

6. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Do you use this machine to maintain the edges?

The trench seems to fill in after a period of time.
    I've picked up a few accounts that the old edge is dissapearing. I use my stick edger, but it dosent do the job that the machine in the picture does (to say the least!)

Do you worry about hitting the irrig pipes/hoses?

7. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

Does anyone know how much they cost. Looks like something i would like to add to my equipment inventory. Also does it have a Honda motor. Thanks.

8. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

They run around $2000 to $2400 depending on size. They also have many other blades that you can get for them. I love the one that I have.

9. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Island Lawn and Earth tech, Yes it does have an 8hp Honda. I use it to edge at the start of the season and then I keep the edge up with a stick edger. When you have a new job where the edge hasn't been maintained, this machine will save you time and make you $$$. They also sell about 10 different blades for stump grinding , trenching, etc.

Chris

PS Thanks Eric for posting the photo for me.