Brown Patch in my Fescue

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ricsin1, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ricsin1

ricsin1 LawnSite Member

QUESTION - my lawn is suffering from this brown patch fungus - that along with the high heat/humidity in Atlanta, Ga (zip=30314) about 80-90% of my fescue lawn is tan/straw colored and the grass looks DEAD... it was nice & plush - deep green about 4" tall at its best but now im pretty sure its all dead or dying!!

I used one application of Spectracide Immunox Lawn Disease Control Granules so far - of course I didn't see any difference - they say it takes 2-3 applications but how do I know its working? what I am going to see if this stuff starts working? is there anyway to get the straw colored grass back to green or is it officially RIP and I just have to start over...? or should I just scalp the whole lawn - try to baby the remaining little bit of green grass and start over in the fall and reseed?
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Just like evveryone else on the east coast your lawns have gone dormant until rain comes, you are wasting your time and money

There is no disease (well I couldn't possibly really know without being onsite or a great picture) it is just what grass does when it gets hit by extreme temp's and little to no moisture, it goes dormant until conditions improve