brown patch problems

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vaacutabove, Jul 22, 2013.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two new sod yards last year that brown patch is killing me on I'm treating every 14 days. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me half the time I spray and it rains out of no where that night.
  2. vaacutabove

These are 18 and 20 k sq ft all sod so not that small of yards.
  3. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

What species is sod? Are you spraying a systemic or contact? Avoid fertilizer for now (N) and hope for cooler weather. Hope it turns around for you.
  4. vaacutabove

Its a tttf blend. Using lesco brand drawing a blank on it now starts with a s.
  5. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

Brown patch has been horrible here...most lawns here are tttf and anytime you get rain in the summer with our humidity and high temps it comes....disarm is a great product that will give you 28 days of coverage prevention......last year we started selling it as a 2-3 app preventative because every yard that is in the full sun gets it here.....I am getting 2-3 calls a day from people wishing they had signed up for it...Ive tried everything from cultural practices to no nitrogen in the spring, organics, you name it nothing works except a fungicide app.