1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brown Patch!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Pastures, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a fert and squirt only lawn with a really bad case of brown patch.

I've been telling the customer since last fall to sharpen his mower blades and he has yet to do so.

I went there this morning to diagnose the problem and when I went to check out the sprinkler system it was still at last fall's settings. Last fall was when we seeded the lawn from scratch. We were watering 3 times a day, 4 day's a week.

When I went there to fert and pre-m this spring I checked the system and changed it, the customer must have changed it back.

This past week we have had temps in the upper 90's and humidity in the upper 90's as well.

I'd say he's lost about 50% of his front lawn.

payup for the Bayleton treatments.........
  2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

wow thats crazy how large is the lawn
  3. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I re-seeded my entire front lawn last year after removing trees. We face west so we are basically in the sun from 11am until dusk. Starts at 11am because there is only a medium sized maple to the south and no trees out back either, removed one last year. About 10 days ago I really had to start watering my lawn twice a day every other day with all the heat and lack of rain. Thankfully the last few days we have had some rain just about every day so it has greened back up. Got to get a couple new trees planted out front this fall. Gonna take a while but man we need that shade back. Cant have the blinds open on the front of the house after about 1pm, too damn bright.
  4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

He's got about 12K in the front yard and 18K along the sides and back.

I quoted him $325 to put down 90 pounds of Bayleton over the entire 30K sq feet.

I told him absolutely no guarantees.

He went for it.

Hope he starts sharpening his mower blades and does not change the watering cycle back to three times a day.