Brown Patch

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RM n WS, Jul 18, 2007.

1. RM n WS

RM n WS LawnSite Member

I am using Armada 50 WG on my lawns with limited success. Does anyone have a chemical suggestion that has worked well?

2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

nothing works. it's not worth the $. use cultural practices. maybe some fungicides as a preventative.

3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Bayleton, Cleary's 3336G or T-Storm G. Both granular, work well when used properly. Big $$, but they will check the fungus.

4. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

totally agree, school your customers

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Me too. This year is probably a record year for patch diseases on turf here. Customers who have never had prob's are getting it this year. Too late to treat too. Just got back from the annual turfgrass field day at Iowa State University this afternoon. Even the professors there say, "Just ride it out".

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We have attained good results with bayleton and rubigan in the ugly battle with brown patch!

7. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

3336G is the most cost effective.....Contact and pre. Low nitro and good Ph are key

8. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

School your customers on cultural practices all you want but, if mother nature provides conditons of high-humidity, temps. in the '80s to 90's, frequent rainfall(especially in the evening) turf will develope Brown Patch. The old "magic number" of 150 comes to mind. If temps are 80+ relative humidity of 70% or above =150. This the recipe for Brown Patch disease in the transition zone especially on turf-type Fescue. Yes cultural practices and proper fertilization are hugely important but, often it is necessary to apply a good quality fungicide such a Heritage or Disarm. Pricey? (What fungicide isn't?) Effective? You betcha! Residuals as long as 28 days with both products.

9. golfguy

golfguy LawnSite Member

Cultural - Reduce N, Reduce Leaf Wetness, Alleviate compaction, reduce thatch, increase air circulation

Chemical - Daconil 2787 (chlorthalonil) 240mL rate (8 oz for you yanks)/100 square meters for curative
    - Rovral Green GT (ipridione) @ 250mL Rate (8.3 oz) / 100 square meters for curative

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

brown patch apps need to be applied prior to onset of disease. an app once its appears will only prevent the spread to other grass. i use heritage and the cost is out of this world, it's cheaper to just reseed in the fall.