1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJR Lawncare, Jul 4, 2000.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How can I be certain that one of my customers lawn has brown patch? There are patches of tan dead areas. I guess this is BP and should be treated as such. Any comments or help would be appreciated.<br>THANKS SJR.<p>----------<br>SJR Lawncare<br>
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Caused by Rhizoctonia solani, most active on wet, over-fertilized lawns in HOT weather.<p>In humid weather, the outer edge of each patch may have a dark gray to dark purple ring early in the morning when covered with dew.<p>Water lawn mid-day 10 minutes each zone, every day. Reduce nitrogen and treat with broad-spectrum fungicide as needed.
  3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

SJR,<p>There is a book called &quot;Managing Turfgrass Pests&quot; by Watschke,Derdoeden, and Shetlar which I think helped me in the identification of disease and bug problems. Great Book
  4. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys, the customer decieded to treat it himself. Oh well..<p>SJR