1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brown Spotiatis

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irritation, Aug 26, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

brown spotiatis?

i thought that was what you get in your pants the first time you let the daughter drive.
  2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Why couldn't the first controller handle this?
  3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Soil texture. Sometimes a large rock heating up, sometimes something as during const builder had a wheelbarrel full of stone he just dumped and covered over. Just nozzle up closest head.
  4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

You say "Spotato" I say "Spoetahto".
    This is a good time to upgrade systems since they are showing their inefficiencies with the higher temperatures.
  5. It could if somebody would set it that way. The beauty to a well programmed ET controller is it will adjust without the emotional baggage of the customer.
    We are bordering high plains desert here and it dries out friggin quick with the wind.
  6. regularguy

regularguy LawnSite Member

I have used an evapotranspiration (ET) control system for years using home automation equipment. Just because of the type of person I am I have a hard time leaving the system alone to do it's job - basically I like to mess with things and I am always making changes and adjustments to things. In past years I was never very happy with my lawn and I always thought that it could be better, but this year I swore that I would take the hands off approach and that I would let the computer do it's job without hindrance from me and honestly my lawn has never looked better.

I will say that I think that the system waters a lot, but I can't argue with the results. The next picture is the school across the street from me, they don't water but you can see that it has been a tough year for lawns here in Illinois.

So after this year I am a huge fan of ET, I don't pay for my water so I can't speak to the potential water savings, but for a high quality lawn it is the way to go in my mind.
  7. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I got that after eating a double bean burrito with extra hot sauce.