1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brown Spots

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Fauvay, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Fauvay

Fauvay LawnSite Member

Hello all-

I'm looking for some help identifying these brown spots.

I did some digging and found no grubs. I'm assuming they are burn marks from my blades and need to have them sharpened, but I would like some input from this site first. They are randomly spread in about 6 different spots throughout the lawn.

Any thoughts?

Last cut was at 3.5" and I've decided to go back to 4". I'm also thinking I may not have gone long enough between the last two cuts.

The pics show brown grass, not bare spots.

Thanks for your help. Having trouble with the pics, but if you click on the links you'll see the pics

2. Fauvay

Fauvay LawnSite Member

Here are the pics i referred to above.

3. rredogg

rredogg LawnSite Member

If you have a dog on the loose in the yard that may be your problem. The females are worse then the males, their urine is stronger.

Never did see your picture. Don't know if its you or me.

Have a good day, rredogg
  4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

E, It's not your blades. If they were dull you will see it on the "tips" of the grass as the cut will not be smooth but more of a "shredded" look. The ends will be brown on all the blades not in patches. This looks like "brown spot" disease which is a fungus. Check this out for further info. http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/dp_hfrr/extensn/problems/brnptch.htm