Brown St Augustine Grass?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Shawninfl, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Shawninfl

Shawninfl LawnSite Member

is it normal? I mean I understand the weather has been up and down, hot then cold, could that be a reason for it? I think it is from non watering and also the weather. I have informed my clients to water regularly and hopefully the grass will shapen up soon. Also, when is the best time to fertilize? I was thinking of now until March 15th with the Scotts Bonus "S". :confused:
  2. leading edge lawn service

leading edge lawn service LawnSite Member

We are dealing with brown lawns also the way the weather has been changing so much it doesn't know what to do. All you can do is give it lots of water and wait. I would not apply any bonus s until mid march I hit mine with some ironite and it has helped some but it is taking its good old time.
  3. rick w

rick w LawnSite Member
    from 8

We are in Texas, our St. Augustine grass goes dormant until about April before it starts to green up. Be careful on the amount of water you give it if it is dormant it could get a fungus.
  4. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Yeah I was gonna say is it the whole lawn or just spots, if spots maybe brown patch. But if its the whole thing it will green up soon, but I wouldn't put anything on the lawn if your not License to do so.