Brrrrrhhhh After the frost

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gorhad, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Gorhad

Gorhad LawnSite Member

Whats happening in your neck of the woods to the lawns after the Florida frost?

I know here in Brevard county FL, lawns look like crap.

Whats your opinions on mowing.

I have left mine and told customers to hold off a while incase it causes further stress.

Any other guys out there from my area?

There was a bird upon the bough it must have gone cuz its not there now

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

well i dont need pics-i know all to well what the lawns look like-and its not pretty. i am giving mine a rest too

4. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

i cut mine for the first time since december, i have bermuda and its all brown, and after cutting it today, it looks white...lol...it does look better as in a clean look but still brown. i dropped the deck a notch and you can see a little green coming back up from the ground. i drove around last week to some of my clients and just edged and cleaned things up. i'm going out tomorrow to the ones i didn't go to last week, its been 4 weeks since the last visit. this is just unreal.... probably won't be cutting though, just wanna show my face and make sure everything looks clean and make sure the clients knows that i was there.

5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey richard martin, very nice job on the graphics post! i like! :clapping:

6. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

Dead man. I've never seen the st. aug this bad in 15yr. They say all 69 counties got freeze damage and not one ag crop made it with out losses.

7. Richard Martin

I'm just trying to spice things up a bit. :) This is like the third or fourth thread on the Florida Freeze.

8. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

We had temps into the mid upper 30's. St. Augustine grasses are shocked. Put in a couple of pallets of turf last thursday (temps 50 at night 70's day) turf was tired & customer is pi$$ed off. I suspect they aren't watering enough. Hope it will come back soon.

IXORA took a hard hit. Most leaves just fell off. I suspect IXORA prices will go up soon.

Saw leaves falling off the Fichus & was worried about white fly... but it too was shocked by the cold.

Hibiscus leaves turning yellow, young palms turning yellow. good news is didn't have to cut last week; nothing grew! :)

9. Gorhad

Gorhad LawnSite Member

It might be the fourth thread but there's only you moaning Richard Martin. Sorry just trying to get views and opinions closer to Brevard county.

10. Richard Martin

Hey! I wasn't moaning ****** head. :nono: Just trying to help your thread out a little pal.