Brush Clearing Estimate Help

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by getdown, Dec 4, 2012.

1. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

So what would you guys bid knowing what you now know?

2. getdown

from Florida

I need to put together some sort of an idea for the bid tomorrow. If anyone could help me figure this out that would be so greatly appreciated.

3. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

I do a lot of this work. In my market, that 3 acres is about 600. That what id bid it at. 200 an acre. As the acres increase, you could adjust the price per acre. Youll be fine with the DR and trimmer WITH A BLADE....... hire someone for 9 or 10 an hour and knock it out!

4. getdown

from Florida

ExmarkBoy, thank you so much for your help! I'm actually going to just do it on my own. Yeah, my brush cutter has the blade. I really appreciate your help!!!

5. Exmarkboy13

yup. you could even do it for 150 an acre. I reallly dont know what the market is down there, but thats what i charge. any questions, just ask.

6. getdown

from Florida

ExmarkBoy, thanks again. It's very kind of you to be so helpful. Where do you hail from, if I may ask? I do notice that typically Florida rates are much lower than anywhere north of the sun belt.

7. Exmarkboy13

im in a suburb of cleveland ohio. My grandparents own a summer home in estero, florida. So, im kind of familiar, but not alot. Stick with 200 an acre and see what the property owner says.

8. getdown

from Florida

Yeah, I agree. I think I will do the $600. Either she balks and gives me a chance to rebuttle to win the gig, or she walks and I save my back! haha

9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I don't see a need to price it per acre. What do you like to make per day? Its going to take you two days, so charge for three. I think if i was in your shoes i would want 900 or 850 to make the people happy but only you know what your market will bear. Don't be afraid to ask for the "big bucks". We're in this to make money. Not break even
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. getdown

from Florida

True, I completely understand where you are coming from. I won't take a job unless I'm making enough to make me happy. And if I take a job and there isn't enough profit to give that extra incentive to make the property beautiful...I try to stay away from that. It's got to be worth my while. I'm not sure, however, that the market here will support that price. Too many good old boys with tractors willing to do 50-100/acre for beer money and gas in their jon boat.