brush clearing estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Oct 1, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

ive got a 15' x 10' area to clear out. mostly small trees(2 or 3" in diameter), vines, and a bunch of thorns. i bid a $100. does this seem about right. Im going to haul it off too.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Its probably going to be a little low. It depends on your equipment. If your taking out the little stumps its way too low. I could clear that in about 1.5 hours just by description, but i work with brush all the time. I would take my chainsaw and clear all the trees. Then I have a pole saw which I can turn the headsideways and clear all the brush. The biggest hassle is going to be loading all of it. You really need a chipper to get done fast.
    Price really depends on how many small trees are in that area and how dense it is.

$100 min- $175 depending on density is my stab at it. If stumps are to be removed I just add on the rental price plus a fee for hauling it.

3. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

$200 Aussie dollars.............So 175 U.S sounds fine

I know this may not be a hole lota help but I do heaps of this kinda stuff so I cant resist posting on this one.

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

jot down on a tablet EVERYTHING you will need to do...from the time you take the key our of the ignition, until you unload the last twig from the truck bed. This will likely take longer than you think..."cleanups" almost always do. Sight unseen I'd be in the $175 to $200 range. But your number is dependent on what your business hourly rate needs to be..since this is a one time job, dont forget your travel time to get rid of the debris

5. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the helpful info guys