1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brush clearing question

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by nobagger, Apr 28, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I know we all hate these type of questions but if anyone would give any type of advise it would be appreciated. I got a call from a lady on clearing her dirveway, she wants aprox 5 feet on both sides of the drive cleared and the driveway is almost 600 feet long yes 600 feet. The majority of debris are those thicket type of trees (Some w/prickers) mostly smaller trees tangled together and about 10-15 smaller trees aprox. 20-30 ft tall and about 10-12" in diameter. Please any help would be appreciated, thanks. :waving: :help:

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

sounds spendy,got any pics.
    are ya looking for a price?
    an equip. list to do it efficiently?

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

d'oh!!!didnt see the date on that.
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yeah sorry Baldeagle, yes looking for a rough price. My estimate was in the ball park of 2k. One good thing is there is a local dump site just 5 minutes away. :help:
  5. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

1k a day (3 bodies based on 8 hr days with breaks and a lunch) plus dump fees.

2 men with chain saws and one pulling brush back. Cut a load and clean up ( to not block drive)

Looking at 4 days or more.
  6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Need more info to better help you. However if my imagination serves me on this I would be thinking 3 guys 2 to cut for 3 hours then on cut and 2 put in trailer to haul. 100 per hour for cutters 40 per hour for pilers. total 600 ft take 2 days both sides 3 guys 50 hours 4 grand sounds about right. 2 guys the same price maybe ad another day. You should pull down about 2500 net on this.