brush clearing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by man of stihl, Apr 5, 2005.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

i have a customer who wants some brush cleared... i know she has some thorn bushes and such to clear. thats not a big deal. she also said she wants some medium size trees downed and hauled away. i have never done this kind of work for a customer before,, so wut would be a reasonable amount to charge? :dizzy:

2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

GO AND LOOK AT THE TREES!! Are they near buildings? Wires? Other trees?? Don't tackle a job with the potential for serious (insurance or medical involvement) complications if you've never done that sort of work before. I charge for that sort of work by the hour: at my usual rates. BUT, I know when it's time to call the climbers (I quit climbing a few years ago). Often, a couple of climbers with a chipper can make money for themselves and me AND keep the client happy by making it happen quickly. Hauling tree debris is slow work if you're working alone.

3. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

Find a friend in the tree biz and sub it out

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

for cleanup charge buy the hour,some jobs you may not want to tackle.

5. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Figure out your dump fee's, how many trips your will have to make to the dump and include the cost of getting there and back each time. Then figure out about how many hours you think it will take and add on some extra because most of the time it will take longer. Then figure out what you want to make per hour and go from there. Cutting down tree's and clearing brush is not a cheap job for people to hire out.

6. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

we got about half of it down last night...thorn bushes suck.. we attempted to load them onto the trailer and then tarp it. it was very unorganized and scraggly.. is there a better way to do this??
    maybe cut it up completely and load it neater to get more into a load

7. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

Just keep throwing it up on the bed, and get a couple boxes of bandages.