Brush Control product

Discussion in 'The Green Guardian' started by work4green, Apr 9, 2006.

1. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I need products that can kill woody plants- both nonselective and selective.

The nonselective is something that would be used more frequently. I'd like to have a product that can be applied to cut stems, topgrowth of uncut stems, or regrowth. Is "Everything Must Go" capable of this?

The selective would mostly be used on dams and banks where various brush is growing among an existing stand of miscellaneous grasses dominated by fescue. In this case I would only expect control of regrowth.

Thanks,

Andy

2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

The product will work for your applications. This is very similar to a project we maintained in 2005 in a fuel depot area for Air Canada. This project required revisits every two weeks to maintain FAA standards.

3. work4green

When used on brush, does it act as a defoliant or systemic?

Why was it necessary to spray every 2 weeks? Was the regrowth from the existing plants or from seeds?

Will "Everything Must Go" also kill surrounding grasses(turf or pasture grasses).

Thanks.

4. green_mark

It works as a defoliant but has systemic properties. It is not totally consistent but has shown some solid performance on brush.

The 2 week interval was due to "some" regrowth but mostly this was a rock area that had a large amount of dirt mixed in it. This caused open soil areas to be the retreat areas while the heaver rock areas to be pretty clean.

As far as the grass areas. Yes, it will kill most grass species with a single application. This depends entirely on application rate.

For example:
    I had a client with stubborn creeping charlie that simply would not respond to our other products. I came in and lightly sprayed straight down and wet the CC leaves without much hitting the grass. Within a few hours the CC was down and within a ~week the grass recovered. The grass got nipped about 2" even when being careful. In the end the customer was happy.

5. work4green

Thanks for the information. I have some fence lines that need spraying to reduce the amount of time spent weedeating. How long should horses/goats be kept away from treated areas?

6. green_mark

No time delay at all.

7. work4green

Good.

Is it safe to use around bodies of water- fish ponds, retention ponds, ditch banks, etc(on dry ground, not in the water itself).

8. green_mark

Yes, this product has been chosen for exactly these reasons.

9. work4green

Thanks, I might be getting some to test soon. :)