brush hog pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2stroke, Sep 10, 2008.

1. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

can rent a tractor with brush hog behind it for $165.00 per day, or a minimum 2hr rental of about $75.00. i have 2 bids to give out. fist is about an acre and a half. just mostly tall grass and some bigger weeds. second one is 4 acres, has 1 year of growth. and has small trees poping up. about as big around as a thumb. will a brush hog handle the second one or do i need something bigger?

2. Huntsman

Huntsman LawnSite Member

I suppose your question regarding the second lot and trees depends on the bush hog but I can't imagine any machine not being able to handle this. Even the el cheapo off brands are designed for this type of work. Should be a piece of cake. You need to be very watchful for rocks and other debris as that's the problem with strange territory.

3. SuperDuty335

SuperDuty335 LawnSite Member

Yes, a rotary mower behind a tractor can handle thumb-sized trees.

4. 2stroke

how about pricing per acre?

5. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

$200 per acre thats what I charge

6. 2stroke

about how long does it take to do an acre?

7. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

those jobs our too small to base it by the acre...because if you use this price on the next job you maybe off. But now I said that if you total it up because they small...1: $200.00...2: $500.00......then you need to figure in travel time also not knowing how far you are away front the job that would chance the price...also dont price the one job with the ideal you are going to get the 2nd one too...sometime that doesn't work out....

8. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

If there is not alot of guys in your area doing it you would beable to get it.But in my area to many farmers and bush hogging goes about $50-65 an acre.But you would beable to figure in a travel fee for small jobs.

9. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

WOW it takes me 2.6 hours with a 10ft bushhog to get what you get in an hour.
    Guess that shows how different it is from. Tn to NJ.
    For the most part we can average about $15 to $17 per acre.

Pete

10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I have a $200 minimum to show up with Kubota and brush hog thats up to 1 hour and $50 per hr after that I didnt mention that part but on average I can do about an acre an hour.$15 hr with diesel and your time you are at about $4 hr profit I will sit home and watch TV before I make $4 hr