1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Brush Hog

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by musselman, May 24, 2005.

1. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

Ive been thinking about getting me a small tractor with a bucket and a tiller for personal use around my own property. This was been a really wet year here after 5-6 years of drought and fields around are full of weeds. The city is telling people they need to mow weeds down or the city will do it for them and bill them. I decided if I get the tractor Ill get a brush hog also and try to make some extra cash with it...for you guys that offer this what do you try to get per hour?
    While Im asking give some recomendations on small tractors. I would love to get a Kabota or JD but was wondering what else out there is good and might not be so steep in price
    Thanks

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Kubota L-3710 with 5' brush hog. $70 per hour with a minimum of 1 hour. Does not include trimming.

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Kubota B7500 w/48" brush hog at $75 an hour. With a 2 hour minimum
    I do a bunch of little areas that the big boys with their toys don't want to bother with.