brush hogging?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve in Pa., Jun 6, 2005.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

Need to get a bid in on brush hogging 37 acres of fields. Don't do much of this type of mowing. Whats the going rate for brush hogging per acre? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

What kinda equipment are you using and are you goin to have to rent equipment?

3. steve in Pa.

we are going to have to rent one. probably a 4wd ford with a 6 or 7' hog.

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

you mite be better off talking to a famer to see what he wants to bring his tractor to do it. Then you tack about 5 or so dollars per acre on and call it a deal. He will probley be around 30 -37 an acre.

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

no way not down here. If it wasnt to far from me I would be around 12 to 14 an acre depending on the land. round 480 for just clearing a pasture. 2 hours tops with my 12 ft flex deck and thats lolligagging. 5 or 6 ft about 6 hrs work. This is considering its wide open and not insane overgrown. There is sooo many variables. How tall is it? terrain? What are you bushhoggin?

6. steve in Pa.

12 - 14 dollars an acre?? I wouldn't even consider calling the rental place to reserve the piece of equipment for that. we were thinkinga around 35-40 an acre with one guy mowing.

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It seems to be a large range between 20- 45 an acre but as has been mentioned there are a lot of variables in this type of cutting........terrain,type of growth,thickness of growth, etc.

With 37 acres to do I doubt you'll get 35-40.

8. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

60 an acre buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if all at one place go 50
    and you other goof balls to rent one will probably be 100 to 250 bucks i guess you don't have a family or bills either

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good luck at 60/ acre.

10. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

What do you mean good luck ????/ I mean i don't do much of that but my uncle on the other hand does it all the time and he gets that if not more . I don't know where you guys went to pricing school at but DAMN you charge 30 for a postage stamp yard and the same for an acre get real .