brush hoging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by veltenslawncare, Jun 30, 2004.

1. veltenslawncare

veltenslawncare LawnSite Member

how much an hour is everybody getting to brush hog, also how many acres an hour can you brushhog, also how much an acre can you get.
    need help fast,

2. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

You definitely need to give a little more info before you're going to get any sound advice. To start off what kind of equipment are you using(5', 10', 15')? That will directly effect the number of acres you can brushhog, which in turn will effect the price you want to charge. Give a little more info and I'm sure you'll get some better help.

-Brandon

3. veltenslawncare

veltenslawncare LawnSite Member

id be using about a 10' deck with a 40hp new holland tractor
    its all pretty clear land, its about waiste high in length,

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I sub out my Bush Hogging for 30/hr.:D , then bill 125/hr.

They use a 6' deck on a small JD.

Last I checked, Tractors go 200-300 a day rental, or 60 a tach hr. at one place.

5. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I use a small 28hp Massey Ferguson with a 5 ft. bushhog. I charge $100 per hour and can cut about 1 to 1 1/2 acres per hour.

6. NorrisG

NorrisG LawnSite Member

I have a MF 245 with a 5' bushhog. Can do about an acre or more an hour depending on the terrain. I charge $35/hr, with a 3 hour minimum.

7. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no problem getting $80 hr and as much as $150 hr quite often with my 38hp compact with 6' rotory cutter. The tougher the terrain, the slower I go and the more $ per hour to comensate for the rough use of my equipment

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

$75 an hour for a 4' brush hog on a kubota B7500 tractor. I have a 1 hour minmum.

9. MiracleMan

MiracleMan LawnSite Member

Only getting $50.00 hr/acre down here in Texas. But, remember, everybody and his dog has a tractor and mower down here. Weekend warriors charge as little as $35.00 acre/ hr. in some areas. Loader and blade work gets me $65.00 hr. plus $25. hr. for each additional man I have on the job.

TN65 New Holland w/ 6' Bushhog
    B2710 Kubota w/ 4' Modern

10. jestermg

jestermg LawnSite Member

I rented a kubota and a bush hog for 260$ for a 3 day weekend.

was cutting trees 3-4 inches in diameter.