1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brushcutter trailer mount

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by work4green, May 29, 2005.

1. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I'm in the brushcutting and cleanup end of the industry- and I need to mount 3+ heavy brushcutters on my trailer. I haven't found a rack that will hold them. The shafts are too thick, or won't hold them securely.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to mount this brushcutter vertically or horizontally, so it won't twist, can be locked, and will not damage the machine?

The handlebars can be loosened with a wrench, and twisted to be aligned parallel to the shaft.

If anyone knows of a mount that is prebuilt, please let me know. But designs are welcome- I can weld and fabricate well enough... :cool2:

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If you can weld and fabricate why not build one to fit your needs off a pre-made unit,I have built two that way and a blower/chain saw lockable tong box.
  3. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I guess I'm trying to make something outside the box, I don't figure most of the designs I've seen won't work for this machine- the shaft is too big(yeah, I could make it bigger...), its heavy- close to 25 lbs, and part of the shaft between the engine and handlebars is different than a regular trimmer, so it'd have to built totally different. These things are not cheap, so I certainly don't want it stolen or falling off the trailer. I have some ideas, but I'd like to know if anyone has already done something or has other ideas before I break out the torch and welder....

Thanks for the reply, it got me to thinking about another option... :cool2: