1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Brutal summer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, Sep 29, 2003.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

When this summer started I would see at least 5 lawn companies a day usually more. Late in the season we had a long dry spell about 6 weeks, the grass went dormant and everything was brown. Then we got weekend of steady rain, some sun, then some more rain. Now its rains about once a week and the grass is growing like crazy. Getting new calls saying there regular isnt showing up and if I could come out and finish up the season for them. Funny part is I dont see nearly as many LCO's out, mostly just the big companies or the ones that have been around for a while. I think the poor weather conditions put a lot of the small companies out of buisness. They must have been just getting by and a month+ of no money coming shut them right down. I have to admit this could have been me, when everything seemed to be going great I thought about paying off a some of my equipment to lessen my monthly bills but I wanted some cash in the bank just in case of a turn of events.