Brutal Winter for the North East?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What is going on with this weather? It's already the end of December and we still haven't seen any snow. Right now with the wind chill it's -8 degrees. In two days its suppose to be 55 degrees. Its been like this for a few months! Still no snow.. am I the only one that can't wait for the snow? I mean, this time last month we had already 2 feet on the ground. Whats going on?!?

2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Up here in N.H. central we just got hit with the most snow this year. 3-4" wow!!! I feel your pain man. I just went out this morning and plowed my route. Last year all we had was around three or four snow storms. More snow please up this way. More time for :drinkup: :drinkup: This thurs. and fri. they say around 30-40 degrees also.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

its damn cold for sure. We didn't get that snow, but i was able to salt all my parking lot accounts. even easier money payup
    but my truck is covered in white dust and my hose is frozen. :angry:

4. Petr51488

from NJ

It sure is.. We prob wont get any snow till at least the second week of January the way things are going now.

5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Don't worry the way things are going for me you will have plnety of snow to plow. I signed a contract to have a pole barn built and the company called me today and told me because of the weather they won't be delivering my materials until FEB 28th. and start contruction until the next day. So with my luck I'm sure we will have plenty of snow and I won't get my building up until June.

6. Petr51488

from NJ

I sure hope so.. Maybe i should leave the snowblower under the blanket for a while.

7. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

No snow here either, I bought a new used truck and plow with a brand new spreader and I havent even got to test it out yet. :(

8. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

2 inches of light snow with thick ice underneath. A nice storm to service actually.

Let's hope we all get a nice holiday present of at least 20 plowable storms for the 2004-2005 season !

9. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Wouldn't worry too much, it will be there soon enough I'm sure.

10. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member