Bryan hasn't been posting much

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Probably trying to get all of his winterizing done?

I heard it snowed in Kansas today.

Either that, or all of those Irritrol CR's decided to simultaneously crap out, and he's running around replacing them.

Come to think about it, Option B sounds more realistic :laugh:

2. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

That's too funny. Jon, you ain't right boy!

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Like me, he's been spending way too much time on the Off Topic forum. :D

4. Dirty Water

I just realized that the offtopic forum doesn't add to your post count.

I can't resist that forum, too many political threads....must....resist....

5. PurpHaze

I had a picture deleted by moderator yesterday. Guy with mower taking care of bikini line. She was fully covered but guess it hit a hot spot with the mods. :cool2:

6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, Haven't had a CR500 go bad this year yet, but it's been a very slow year. Winterizing?? I'm starting to think about it. Wife's geraniums finally got bit a little this morning. I was working in short sleeves with only a jacket for the very early am's all last week. Temp did drop today and we saw some flakes in the air. Ground is so warm fog advisaries were everywhere when the AM temp was NEAR freezing. Was supposed to be below freezing, but you would have to believe a weatherman about that one. It will be frosty tomorrow and Thursday's AM. After that, the long range looks like 32+ for lows and 50 or better for the 10 day. I ain't shutting anything off yet. I did take a day job. Going to give up on cheap installs for a while. Wife's health has droped to a point she can't supplement these lean winters, so I'm droping back to Maint. only and working a "real" job for a while. If it works out, I'm thinking the next 4 years. That helper of mine won't be 16 until then.

7. Dirty Water

Sorry to here about your wife. I know what you mean about the slow winters. Last winter had me helping a friend pour foundations through december.

Its looking good this year, and I may end up doing some landscape work to pick up the odd day off.

I wonder how the winter is treating AceSprinklerRX.

On a side note, our winterization is almost done, its dropping to about 32-40 degree's at night here, and the phones been ringing off the hook for people wanting winterizing.

8. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I don't start to worry about winterizing until the soil temps drop below 35. That usually means overnight lows below 20 because the day time highs will be near or over 50. I'm going to make a first run either this weekend or next and knock out a good route just for some insurance incase the hammer falls. If the last two years that were colder to this point hold true, I will run the last of my winterizations right before Christmas so they are done for the holidays and I'm not thinking about it.

9. PurpHaze

Blessings be upon her and your family.

10. Dirty Water

My issue of Lawn and Landscape came in today.

They have a article on winterization, were the author (a Rainbird Rep I think) suggests winterizing from mid september to novemeber...

Mid September????