Bryant from Gator Rator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bryant, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Bryant

Bryant LawnSite Member

Here to answer any questions in regard to the Gator Rator aerator.

2. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

3. Bryant

Bryant LawnSite Member

zq8, for the pictures we don't have any but i'll will get them with in a day, were currently doing a local show and some open houses so bear with me. As far as parts go, there only a couple wear items the tines (54) per machine and (2 ) sealed bearings. Currently we don't have a distributor in your area, although we are talking with a distributor that would handle youre state. our current distribution is Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, California, and Ontario Canada, all other sales are direct.

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Bryant, How many have been sold? How long has Gator Rator been in business? Of those that you sell, how many get the extensions? Dose each disk spin independently? Is the Gator Rator going to be at Louisville this year?

Does it come in yellow?

Just kidding, looks nice!:D

5. Bryant

Bryant LawnSite Member

Phishoook, the GATOR RATOR was introduced at the Louisville last year and yes we will be there this year and definitely have a booth in the demo area. The 9 rows of disk are a fixed pattern on the main aerator, the extension are 3 rows of disk per extension which are fixed but independat of the main aerator. Ben in buisness for 15 years, the aerator was originally built in 1991 for my own use, sold my company in 2001 and started Ground Breakers MFG. and introduced the GATOR RATOR @ Louisville. The number of units that have been sold as of July 2002 is134 units the extensions were just introduced.

6. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

The unit looks nice. I appreciate your quick response to my e-mail Bryant.
    I would however, like to demo one before spending that much money.

7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Look out, I bet your going to be making more of these than you expect.

8. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Hello Bryant,

Can you correct your line a little with out having to raise the unit? Since the disc are in a fixed pattern are you able to make it drift a little to follow curved areas?

Later
    Z
    :blob4:

9. Bryant

Bryant LawnSite Member

zq8, yes you can nudge a little in either direction inorder to correct a wondering path as well you can follow a gradual curve but you can not turn hard while the machine is in the ground. trying this and you will bog the engine down, you will not be able to bend the aerator.

10. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Would you ever think of making a unit even wider, like 60" (Roughly). So that you can follow your stripe pattern and be more efficient?