1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bubbles In Hydro Fluid

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Lopper, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Lopper

Lopper LawnSite Member

Steady flow of small bubbles in tank of hydro fluid on ryder while the mower is jacked up, joystick forward, wheels turning. About when should this bubbling stop and what if it won't. Could it have something to do with dump spool levers.
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if you just changed the hydro fluid, you should jack the mower up, and run it for about 15 minutes at full forward and full revere, full forward, full reverse. not just back and forth, but like 2 minutes on each one. did you pre fill you hydro filter?

you should not be getting too many bubbles, but you should get some. make sure to check the hydro fluid every five minutes whil it's jacked up.
  3. mike76

mike76 LawnSite Member

TClawn is right you should only get bubbles for just a few minutes then it should stop. If it doesn't the more than likely the hydro filter or one of the lines is loos and sucking air, this can be a pain to find. The dump valves should not be the problem unless you took then all the way out of the pump.
  4. Lopper

Lopper LawnSite Member

Thanks For The Info Guys. The Solutions So Close I Can Taste It. By The Way Tc, The Joystick Is Like A Video Game Joystick On The Right Armrest Of The Mower With Two Cabke Lines, One Running To Each Hrdro. The Response Is Great. Thanks Again. IN FACT I WOULD BE GLAD TO BRING A PICTURE OF IT WHEN YOU INVITE ME FOR A STAY ON THE ISLANDS. :sleeping: