bubbling boulders

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by CLARK LAWN, Dec 21, 2008.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i want to build a bubbling boulder in my front yard come spring, Ive been reading up and i would like to see something with some pics are there any books i could get to help me with this?

2. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some pics of what we have done.

Water Rock2.jpg

Houlton Water F. 3.jpg

3. Fiano Landscapes

Fiano Landscapes LawnSite Member

Here is one that we did. Really easy, and cheap. we used the aquascape aqua basin for ours. We also hung a landscape light from the pergola over it> Very nice accent peice.

P4290029.jpg

P4290028.jpg

4. ANC Stone Creations

ANC Stone Creations LawnSite Member

Here are a couple of pictures of some of our rocks installed.

three column kit 28 34 42 (2).jpg

three column kit (2).jpg

dished bird bath pondless 2.jpg

5. ANC Stone Creations

ANC Stone Creations LawnSite Member

6. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Here are a few smaller ones from way back. Funny you should ask about a book. I am actually about halfway through writing a book on building waterfeatures the professionals way, which I hope to get published in 09.

fountain lights.JPG

cored fountain (2).jpg

Picture 257.jpg

7. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

That is awesome Tim! I will buy the book, especially if you put a shot of one of my features in it. (As long as it is not used as an example of bad design) I am still trying to plug you for a seminar at our big wholesale pond distributor.

I really do believe you could have great success with a well written, well photographed book on professional water feature design. There really is no good product out there right now. Good luck!

8. coxlandscaping

coxlandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey Guys this may be a dumb question but what size bits are you using or are you core drilling these? They look really good.

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Core drilling. Usually between 1.5" to 2.5" depending on desired water volume and effect. Just remember on soft rock such as sandstone you will want to sleeve the cored out boulder with pvc or poly pipe to prevent excessive errosion over time.

10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Really like the natural stone bubbling rocks. Those faux rocks just don't do it for me.