1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

bubbling rocks

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by alf500series, May 2, 2010.

1. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

i have a client that has a huge rock in their yard and they want several holes drilled into it and turn it into a fountain. does anybody know if there are any companies in the branson/springfield, mo. area that would do soemthing like this, or have any ideas on how to do that?

2. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

you cann do this.

buy a boulder and drill a hole.

You'll need to buy a box from Aquabella.

http://www.aquabelladesigns.com/

Go to their site and find the button for the aquabox thing-a-ma-jig. They will ship anywhere in the united states, along with a pump and everything you need.

4. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

sorry--should have clarified a little more the rock is about 4' thick. don't think i can just go out and buy a 1" drill bit and drill thru a rock like that. unless i'm mistaken. ;)

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely you can. (and now for the arrogant side of me - had you clicked on the link that I set forth precious time to provide for you - you would see such a task is done :) ).

You do not use a regular drill. You use a hammer drill, that you rent. Your local rental company will have all sorts of bits available.