bucket seats

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by slvrado003, Jan 31, 2001.

1. slvrado003

slvrado003 LawnSite Member

Hello, I have a 1987 chevy silverado pickup that I have recently restored. I am currently looking to purchase bucket seats with center console for it. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on brands and also websites for myself to research.

STUMP JUMPER LawnSite Member

I personally prefer steel horse. Try JCWhitney.com

3. slvrado003

I was also wondering if some car seats can be transferred over and from what kind of cars. I saw a chevy truck in a car show not too long ago that had seats out of a car...not sure what though. Any ideas???
  4. wyldman

wyldman LawnSite Member

Most any bucket seat will work,you will just have to fabricate seat brackets to mount them.Sometimes you can get universal seat bracketssliders at a tractor supply house.I used a set of porsche buckets in my 87 K3500,but had to make custom mounts to get them to fit.If you can utilize the original sliding tracks off the bucket seats,then you just have to make brackets to mount them.

UNCLE BOB LawnSite Member

I sugest you look in classified adds or junk yards. And you try to find the three piece set out of a similar year blazer.I had a blazer and the seats were great!YOU CAN FIND LOCAL AND MAYBE CHEAPER.
  6. Good idea Bob.

The seats and that great big console from a K-5 Silverado would been good and cheap.

You can't go wrong when you can get good and cheap in the same sentence.
  7. slvrado003

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll have to start checking some junk yards.