Bucket Teeth

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Joe74, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Joe74

Joe74 LawnSite Member

I have two buckets for my machine. One is a 4-1 and the other is a reg. dirt & const bucket. They both will be 84" wide. I am going to put weld on teeth on one of them. I think I will put the teeth on the 4-1 bucket because it will probably be the one used to grade with more. I plan on using the smooth bucket with cutting edge to load material. I just wanted your opinion on which bucket you would put teeth on. Thanks

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I use teeth on my combo bucket too, makes it easier to dig into compacted gravel, and if I need a straight edge to cean up, just open the bucket up and use one of the 2 cutting edges to scrape things smooth.

3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

That is what I would have said also. A 4 in 1 bucket has smooth cutting edges on it so the front minus well have teeth.

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

get a bolt on edge then you can interchange them if you need to

5. janb

janb LawnSite Senior Member

6. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going with a Rezloh when my bolt on cutting edge wears down. Seems to be the best of both worlds.

Joe74- Actually, I would prefer to the teeth on the standard bucket for hogging and loading dirt, plus it will help some with frost when you aren't doing much fine grading. I like a smooth edge for finish work and cleaning streets when needed, but I don't use a 4 in 1 either.

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

rezloh cutting edge is magic!!!

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The only problem I see with the Rezloh is on my Cat, the bucket is higher off the ground and only the tip of the cutting edge is on the surface I'm scraping across, so it would still leave teeth marks on the pavement, and also when you are trying to scrape some caked on mud off pavement, same thing, you need more down pressure, so you'll leave teeth marks.

9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I like how mine is. The shanks use Back hoe teeth and are flush with the bottom of the bucket. So I can scrape a street and not leave teeth marks. Also when I drag a yard down it leaves it nice and smooth with no teeth marks.