Bucket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 2, 2008.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

With adding the VTS I will need a bigger bucket for my Gehl 5640 just looking for peoples take on what would be a good option. The width will be 77" so I have looked at an 80" low pro dirt bucket for $1400 quick attach and I looked at an 78" quick attach 4in1 bucket. Is the 4in1 worth it? I want a grapple but not sure if the 4in1 will be an equal replacement for the grapple. The quick attach 4in1 was $3800
    just looking for opinions

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Why dont you go rent a 4n1 from a dealer and try it out before you drop the extra money for one..

For some things I like the 4n1 and then for the other things I just feel it aggravating, and in the way but for moving small amounts of brush it is pretty good because you can just keep crunching it up and then grab it, but it will never keep up with a grapple for things like that. I do like it for grading and backfilling in small areas because you can push all around and when you have that little bit left over you can just open up and grab it and be done, and it is nice for backdragging small areas because you can do the same thing, just pull it back and then open up and grab it..

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would get a dirt bucket and a grapple. dont get a quick attach get a Bradco, they are the best!! i have one and it is tuff as shat.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

A grapple is superior for brush and logs, a combo is good for light grabbing and dirt hogging.
    My guess would be the grapple and combo, forget the regular buckets.

5. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you get a grapple, I would recommend this type. I can't think of the name but it's got a big "S" logo on the side of it. I've tried other grapples and have bent/ broke them all, this one has taken a beating and still works great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  6. Junior M

7. Dirtman2007

Thanks

I don't know who makes this bucket but it's a tak bucket as you can tell. I think it's an 80" one yard bucket. I've got over 600 hours or so on this bucket and have not even had to flip the cutting edge yet. It's been great bucket!

[​IMG]

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats a bradco bucket. last i heard bradco makes all the buckets for taki but cant put ther name on them.

9. Dirtman2007

Huh, that interesting. It's a tough bucket, I've had 3000+lbs boulders in the bucket and it does not have the first dent in it.

10. Junior M

Yeah, its a bradco, if you go to bradco's website and look at the pics for high capacity dirt buckets it looks exactly like that one, with BRADCO in the place of taki..