Budget Landscaping Job Page 1

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Metro Lawn, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

This house is owned by one of my customers. He owns rental properties that we maintain when they are vacant. He calls me and asks us to install sprinklers, sod, and landscaping at this house. He says he is going to sell it after we finish, so he didn't want to spend alot on the actual landscaping. This is what we put together for him on a budget.

Materials used:
    25 yds top soil
    8500 sq ft sod
    2 yd mulch
    various plants
    complete 7 zone Hunter sprinkler system

Equipment used:
    trencher, tiller, loader, various hand tools and manual labor

2. Metro Lawn

Here are additional pics

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job! Landscaping is one of the few things you can do to a house and get a 100% return when you sell. Sometimes more. Also given two houses are identical one that is landscaped will sell much quicker. Curb appeal is everything in the real estate market.

4. Metro Lawn

Thanks. I really had wished they would have spent more on the landscaping. Could have really done some nice stuff with this house. We were given a budget of 1200.00 for just the landscaping. I think we did a decent job with what we were working with.

5. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Wait, you did that for twelve hundred?

6. Metro Lawn

Just the landscaping was 1200.00. The sod was around 6800.00 and the sprinkler system was 1600.00. Total 9600.00

7. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds pretty cheap for a sprinkler, how many zones, pvc or poly? By the way the sod looks great, its all in the prep work for that stuff.

8. Metro Lawn

7 zones... we sub the sprinkler systems to another company. They give us a decent price on them.

9. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

How many days and men did it take you to do that job, and how many trucks did you use and did you use a skid loader to take out what was the old lawn?...............Great job looks great!!!!!

10. Metro Lawn

day 1 - 2 guys 5 hours to rototiller and rake the entire yard
    day 2 - 2 guys 6 hours to spread & rake topsoil (25 yds) dump, pick up and small loader - 1 person 4 hours to install landscape
    day 3 - 4 guys to lay sod (12 pallets in 3.5 hours)