Buffalo compost

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Barefoot James, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ExtExc

ExtExc LawnSite Member

adam sandler? i gots the poo on me is Joe Dirt. :) its just an old crapper tank people! CLINK.

2. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever happened with this, BarefootJames? Did you get some and try it out?

Here are a few shots of some bison compost. We were told it is well composted, and I think finding the sprout in there confirms that. I also figured it was well done when I opened the hatch on the Escape and smelled nothing, and that the wife wasn't exiting the vehicle gasping for air. She got me a sample, from a vendor at a farmers market. I placed some on a few plants to see how they respond, before deciding where to use the rest.. I'd like to see if the man will allow me a few pickup loads of some hotter stuff to build my pile with.

And so, to the buffalo man...:drinkup: Thank's for the manure.

001 [].JPG

003 [].JPG

004 [800x600].JPG

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

WHAT I got was a great product
    composted screened and clean--no offensive oder

4. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

5. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

Animal Manure Comparison

Animal % N Nitrogen % P Phosphorus % K Potassium

Llama 1.7 0.69 0.66

Chicken 1.0 0.8 0.4

Horse 0.7 0.25 0.55

Sheep 0.95 0.35 1.0

Cow 0.6 0.15 0.45

Pig 0.5 0.35 0.4

6. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

I never tried it. WAITING on the Lawn Solutions compost spreader then I will try all beasts and their compost. David is working on it. Until then ................ I'm spreading humates and proteins (meals) - with CT (of course).
    Brown patch is the big thing here in KY right now thank goodness for NPP works as advertised! Word to the wise if you have forcasts of lots of rain for extended periods and hot nights - 75 +++ temps spray NPP. I for sure will add this step to my system in 2010.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

spray NPP what rate james
    thanks dusty

8. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

2 ounces per 1000 with a minimum 1 gallon of water per 1000, you want a nice foliar spray for good leaf coverage. At that rate it costs around $1.15 per 1000

It stops it in its tracks same with dollar spot, red thread, take all patch. It is very safe to use and is made from crab and shrimp shells

9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

What Bill said - i might be getting up to 1500 sq ft at that rate - and it is working. Nice too as I have several client with roses and I spray those too - keeps black spot in check.

10. nc-jrock

nc-jrock LawnSite Member
    from NC

Does NPP kill off existing brown patch or is it a preventative?