Buffalo NY 2 storms in 3 days = 39 inches of snow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by JCurtis, Nov 21, 2000.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Why couldn't that be Connecticut?

14 inches S, 25 inches on Monday and more expected by Wednesday or Thursday.

My Truck is ready, Anyone wanna go to Buffalo?
  2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Remeber Jeff, its isnt a storm, just lake effect, and we all know lake effect doesnt count. If they got the snow from a real storm, they thgey would have a wopper. FYI, like JOhn A says Erie gets just as much snow just not as much press, they have 36" on the ground since last Fri, and they havent had to close the city.
  3. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

the only reason they closed the city was because people were leaving teir cars in the road after they got stuck,lake effect does count and if you really want to come to buffalo come on down see what its really like,heavy wet plowbustin-truck bustin crap.last night my crew had to cut and run to get out of the city before it was too late,complete gridlock downtown looks like a parking lot,I saw a county plow drop his blade on somebodys lawn and run like hell to get out,really bad would liken it to blizzard conditions,thunder snowstorm

gotta get back out.......
  4. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

You guys get sick of all that snow, just send some of it back our way.

Actually Dino, they're receiving convective snow, which contains thunder and lightning. Therefore, if the temperatures were 20 degrees warmer, they would be receiving thunderstorms due to moisture from the lake and atmospheric lift. Just because it is lake effect snow has nothing to do with whether it is a 'storm' or not.
  5. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with 'storm'.
    Lake Effect is a storm.
    And we got more coming (as does Buffalo).
    Supposed to stop by Thanksgiving.
    No turkey. Just sleep.
    Only nice thing about this type of snow, is that the rest of the season seems easy.
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

7. Guest

Not me, I would rather take all 3"-5" storms all winter, there easier on the equipment, don't take as long to plow and are usually just as profitable if not more profitable than big storms, the only good thing about the big storms is we charge to stack and remove snow that is about it. Just My two cents
  8. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I assume since you guys have so much snow that you have to do alot of hauling. How do you handle it and where do you dump it all????
  9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

The only reason it doesnt count is that I am not getting any of it. I also agree give me 3-5" all season long, you can keep the 2 footers.
  10. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

All I can say is I wish "lake effect snow" would come to Mass. I could use a good 24" that would bring in some good coin. Hats off to you lake effect guys!