Bug, bee or other?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MowinChic, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

I would really like to take you out to a hive of honey bees, you'd find out real quick about the stinging ability.:D

2. Rustic Goat

MOTHRA is a Queen, dudette.:p

3. Rustic Goat

Thank you greenman for your expertise/research.

4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

What are the really large and fat bees called??? We always called them queen bees, but I dont think that is right. I dont think they sting.

5. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

LGF-ya, bud those "curled tongue thingy's" can be badddd news.

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Well, its not expertise, I know nothing of moths. I just did some searching on the net.

BTW, the moth looks mean. Harmless, I guess, but looks bad.

7. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

ya, but "Mothro" just doesnt sound as good. :D

THIS reminds me of the Monty Python movie w. the bloodsucking, killer bunny...."RUN AWAY!!-RUN AWAY!!!... AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH....------

8. Rustic Goat

You're talking about 'bumble bees'/'carpenter bees' I guess. They can burrow a perfectly round hole in wood or earth. From personal experience I can tell you they too can sting quite well.

9. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

U better BEElieve it! Our grandpa does bees and he put a hive in our backyard. I found out the hard way REAL fast! Once a bee stings you, the other bees can smell where tha last be was at on your body, and the others will sting you in the same spot if you dont move your butt fast!

10. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

Some bumble bees sting some do not. White face bees do not sting but black face bees do. When we were kids we would catch the white face bees all the time.