Bugs Bunny Dies today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JayD, Sep 16, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I ran over my first rabbit today.
    Not only that, when I stopped to get a drink out of my truck, I had found that I had splattered the little fella, all over the side truck, YUCK!
    Nothing like peeling off rabbit guts off the side of your truck, and man it stinks. My window was cracked open about 1 1/2 " and there was blood right at the edge of my window, and now the inside is starting to smell..... I need to go do a good search for a piece of brain that may be hiding in there.
    Sorry to be so graphic, but you know, when you do something, you might as well do it right, Right?:clapping:

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

It's sad when bad things happen to good animals..

[​IMG]

3. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

You know, I read about this a lot on here, I wonder why they wait until you get right on top of there hole to stick their head up to look. It was like the forth row in from where I had started mowing. You think that they would run out sooner.

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

good eats that is.............. :laugh: :waving:

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

lets all have a moment of silence for the little guy

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I killed a turtle (BIG sumbitch too) with my aerator yesterday, that made things come to a pretty fast stop. Talk about disgusting, a broke in half turtle with a big hole through it, stuck around an aerator, with its guts strung out onto the lawn.

7. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

***picking up the phone to call PITA***

8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

2 weeks ago I got a good sized turtle with the Z. I separated the shell from the bottom part? The cut was so clean you would have thought I planed it all out. It was a quick death I can assure you that.

9. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nasty............:(

10. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

lets not get all emotional here.

one time i hit one with my truck, but i saw in my rear view it didn't die, so i couldn't let it suffer, I had to back up and slam it again.:drinkup: