Build a lawn truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by weaver, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Ryan,

Thanks for posting the links!! I have thought about the 99 that Crew Cut did a bunch of times, but couldn't remember who did it.
    I hope that ebverybody has a GREAT year this year!

Jay

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I know what you mean. I remember it from when I first signed up here. I come across an old 5th wheel flatbed, 7.5 foot wide and the deck is 16 feet long. I am about to pull the pin on buying it, and doing that instead of a flatbed with dove tail.

3. Woodman1

That is awesome!! I built a Dodge 3500 single cab a few years ago with a 14 foot bed and a dovetail. I am in the process of having a four-door 4500 flatbed dump with a detachable dovetail built now. I hope to have it in the next couple of weeks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LindblomRJ

Post up some pictures when you get it.

5. Woodman1

I definitely will! The more I talk about it - The more ready I am to get it!

6. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Silver Member

Good thread. I might go this route down the road instead of a npr. If you do a 1 ton how much more weight can you legally put in the back if you a dove tail type body?? The womack site says they weigh 1100lbs.

7. LindblomRJ

A lot of that will depend on the truck. There is a label in the door jam that will give you gross vehicle weight, rear axle capacity front axle capacity. You should be able to also find gross combined vehicle weight, pickup and trailer etc.