Build-A-Pond

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tthomass, Jan 14, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Build-A-Pond.........enjoy

p4.JPG

2. tthomass

from N. VA

p3.JPG

3. tthomass

from N. VA

p2.JPG

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

How are those Aquascapes classes?

Pretty heavy on the product propaganda, or totally worth it?

5. tthomass

from N. VA

Totally worth it. They never tried to push their product on you. Now the guy from the rental company demoing a new JD for everybody to see..........he was annoying.

Basically, here is our product and this is how you use it. In addition to lots of construction methods, looks, things to be aware of etc.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Cool, Whats the cost? I'll have to see if they will come to Seattle.

Looks like they already did the dig out, laid the liner and set the large stones before hand?

7. tthomass

from N. VA

It was a 2 day class. Start to finish.....you see all digging etc. It was a Thursday & Friday. Thursday was considered dig day and liner etc where Friday was mostly construction. I think it was $159 per person and a discount with 3 or more people.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

nice. I like the big stone. What were you setting them with? The guy who runs out classes out here never wants to use a machine for any of the process, so we're usually using stuff smaller than 16".

Looks like you guys had a huge turn out too, we float around 8-12 people on average for our classes.

Jon, For the last classes I've taken it was $99 or 199 for basic or advanced class. The cost is up to the instructor though.

9. tthomass

from N. VA

This was the advanced. Don't bother with basic as you can learn everything from basic in advnced.

A T300 was used and not sure what John Deere but it was between a small and a mid sized excavator.

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

please post some more pics if available. I'm curious about the pond design, how many skimmers are there?