build up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kaiserscuts, Jul 27, 2000.

1. kaiserscuts

kaiserscuts LawnSite Member
    from N.J

been mowing for 2yrs what other than regular cleaning can i do to cut down grass buildup under mower deck.
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Some mowers handle wet grass better than others.Run a test with yours and see at what point of dryiness it doesn't stick to the deck.That should be your starting point. Start on the lawns that are open and airie with early sun, they should start to dry first.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I know this sounds crazy and TRY not to laugh at me too hard guys, but try this it works! After you clean your deck out next time,- it usually cleans better right after we've cut wet messy stuff.(That's not to say you have to wait until you encounter such a thing) But anyway, as soon as you clean it out good, go in and steal your wife's (or girlfriend's) can of PAM cooking pan spray. This does WONDERS in preventing under deck buildup and makes the next cleang ALOT easier. Just remember, like the dishwashing liquid, to put it back.
  4. LiVe2

LiVe2 LawnSite Member

Runner I do the same thing and it really does work!!!<p>LiVe2
  5. Dry Dock

Dry Dock Guest

Will silicone spray work as good as pam???
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see any reason why silicone spray wouldn't work too. Be careful to stay away from your spindles with it though! That stuff will eat and break down your grease faster than alot of degreasers.
  7. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

How about some slip plate? it is used in grain bins and ag seed situations.<p>----------<br>That's my 2 cents,<br>
  8. kaiserscuts

kaiserscuts LawnSite Member
    from N.J

Thanks for all the idea,s sound,s like it,s time to buy an extra can of pam !!!!