Build your own 32in hydro walkbehind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tsanteto, Oct 13, 2003.

1. tsanteto

tsanteto LawnSite Member

At the small engine warehouse under commercial mowers they have the drive unit, the deck and the wheels for a 32 inch hydro w 14hp for $1,400 + shipping. Does anybody recognize what make it is? Any good?
  2. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

I also looked and pondered about one of these. I almost drove up there to get a good look at one, and from here in Ole Miss it would have been a long journey. :confused:

I ended up buying a Scag 36" belt drive walk behind. I feel like I did the right thing.:D
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i can buy a 32" bradley wb for 1,200

not worth your trouble
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I think they're made by Great Dane I heard??? They are a single drive hydro like the Ferris single hydro. They have brake bands to turn with like a belt drive. Just from what I can see in the pics on the website I would not want one but thats just my opinion. I'd rather get a good used quality name brand one for that money. Some things are good and cheap but if I had to make a guess, I'd say this one is just cheap. Look at the other items this guy sells, the lawn tractors for instance, they're the cheap MTD ones.
    But I could be totally wrong, so don't take my word for it, thats just an observation by looking at a picture.
  5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

FSM you are right about the make of the machine there was a thread on here a good time ago on this very subject

tsanteto try a search if you haven't already done so