1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Build your own websites???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowingMowingMowing, Jan 31, 2011.

1. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have 2 businesses I am looking to launch in the coming months.

Upon completion, one of them will need minimal updates (maybe once a month, very easy simple mods). This will be a very basic site.

The second one will need to be updated one, maybe two times a week. This site will also need a way to pay for the product bought online, the first site I can get by with just a means to link with Paypal.

I know a decent amount about computers (well enough to get by), but don't really know much at all about building a website. I've ran across various sites where they allow you to build your own website, but am not sure about which ones are good or bad???

Has anyone, without a lot of experience, used these sites with success? I know I could just pay someone to make these, but I would rather try to learn some of these skills, or use these build your own website sites, so I can be better equipped for the future.

Anyone know of any resources that would help with this?

Also, these two sites are NOT lawn care sites.
  2. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

I built mine on Yahoo in about an hour.It costs about 10 bucks a month.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

If your going to do a comms website for online sales get with a custom site designer and have them set it up. They can set it up properly and run cards directly through your site. It will save you a huge headache and make it run smooth.
  4. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is who did mine. They will make it look a lot more professional and the cost isn't that much more. There is a difference.