Building a debris loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, May 8, 2008.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have good idea for something that could hold clippings then lift them up and dump them in to the truck. Like a super lawn truck but for my dump truck. need input want to build this!
  2. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

there are 2 things that you can do.1 use a skid loader, a pain in the butt, hauling around 2 trucks and trailers, ive been there and done that, 2 buy a truck loader, there are several companys out there that make them. we have a billy goat truck loader. works very well I bought it used for a few hundred bucks it ran for 2 seasons and then I had to rebuild the motor. new they are about 4k next if you have a welder go out and get some 1" square tube and some sheet metal and build a collection box for the back of your truck. make sure that you give addaquit ventalation. if you dont have a welder you could have one built for you or you can make one out of lumber. Our first box was made of lumber and it got retired last year, now making one out of metal. for the ventalation on our first box we used window screen on the roof. after some trial and error over the last 4 years our new box will have 4"wx10.5L vents running down both sides of the box. as for mounting the loader you can eithor put it on a trailer or we mounted ours on the rear door. (if you mount on the rear door make sure it can hold the weight.) our next box the loader will be mounted on the front up by the cab so it will blow all the debrees to the rear of the truck, this in theroy should make unloading faster and take the strain of the loader unit off the door. If you have any other questions fireaway.
  3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a loader i want a bin that i can dump my walker into and hit the remote to dump the grass and go mow while it takes care of the grass.