Building a leaf box

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Barrett Landscaping, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I am building a new box for my ford f250. I am planing to make the box 4ft over the bed rails and have a billy goat loader hooked up to my rear hitch. was wondering how you guys transport your blowers and other equiptment. It seems that it would be hard to "fish" out blowers from the back when its packed with leaves and sided up. Any responses would be appreciated.:usflag:

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Trailer!?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Barrett Landscaping

i really dont want to have to use a trailer because it is hader to manuver into tight spaces

4. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

bigger is better on the box and i hooks on the side of the box for rack blower and this i will need

5. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

My setup wont be looking the greatest this fall but it will get the job done. Ill be building 6ft high walls on my EZ Dumper insert. Mounting my 18hp Billy Goat Loader to a custom front mount hitch setup that will be welded up this week for me. Ill probably put a few PVC tubes on the side of the box for rakes and then everything else gets loaded onto my trailer which consists of.
    Scag Turf Tiger
    Exmark 48" Wb
    Little Wonder push blower
    2 gas cans
    Echo Backpack blower will be strapped down to the seat of my Turf Tiger because its the only safe place I can think to put it besides inside the truck which is a pain.

6. stan the man

from Maine

if it works for you that is great he is talking about putting the vac on has hitch no trailer

7. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

No trailer?? I hope he has another truck to pull his equipment with. I dont think I have a single yard that I could pull up to with just a leaf vac, dump box, and some rakes and get the job done. Definitely need a push blower, backpack blower, and some mowers!!!!

8. stan the man

from Maine

i can not clean up without my mowers i be doing clean up all day

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

mount the the vac on the front and pull a trailer

10. Barrett Landscaping

DRM, that what i was planning on doing. I do do yards that dont need mowers as well as those that do. I just want the flexibility.:usflag: