Building a leaf box

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Barrett Landscaping, Sep 16, 2010.

1. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

how dose that work in front my is on the back of my box and it about 14 cy. dose it block up with water and dry leaves

2. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

am i the only fool that picks up the leafs with the mower, dumps them into cans, throws 8 cans up into the bed and dumps them out... repeating about twice per property?

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

It works great ........I have never had a clog in 4 years and this year the pipe is about 4 ft shorter because no crew cab........I do not expect any problems

4. stan the man

from Maine

no you not if friend dose to and he has a dump truck lol

5. stan the man

from Maine

seabee24 not lol at you. i am lol at him because he said that not make money on clean ups. the dump charge him 35.00 to dump his dump truck and free for trash can

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

Where I dump the leaves charges me $25 which includes pulloff. I add this charge onto my fee for the leaf removal. I havent had people complain, they would rather not have 125 bags lined on their street.

7. stan the man

from Maine

we dump free here

8. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

yep!:) takes way too much time for the amount of leaves i have up here.

9. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

does the truck loaders condense the leafs that much?

Im chargered per yard for disposal. we run our mower over them once with the bag on it which reduces them some. I just always figured why dump them in a pile by the curb, only to have to suck them up again. we just dump into cans... have like 8-10 cans with us, toss them up and a guy climbs in

we also charge per can of debris, how do you guys factor your pring

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have been building my leafbox for this year.. ill get some pictures up when its finished...the only pictures i have of it now are dark cause ive been working on it after school and work and whatnot